Explore the criss-crossing canals and stone bridges, where red-lanterns hang from ancient pavilions. Step inside temples that have stood for a thousand years. Stroll in the famed Classical Gardens of Suzhou, which have expanded all over the city from 600BC through Song, Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties.
With 2500 years of history, Suzhou is now one of the most highly-developed and prosperous cities in China. Its impressive skyline gives a tantalizing view of all the city has to offer – a multitude of cuisines, bars and nightlife, and endless options for entertainment.
With around one month’s holiday in winter and 1-2 months’ summer holiday, teaching in a Suzhou public school leaves ample time for travelling and provides an attractive salary on which do so. Your priority will be inspiring your students to love English. Should you choose to work with younger children, your classes will mainly consist of playing games, singing songs and reading stories. With older students, you will open their minds to Western culture and fuel their thinking with debates. Your whole class will be taught in English, though you will have a Chinese teaching assistant with you to help with classroom management and give translations where necessary.
Suzhou public schools offer:
- Salary: 13,000 – 15,000RMB
- 2000RMB housing reimbursement
- Flights reimbursed after one month of landing (or upfront for new graduates)
- 21 classes per week.
- Visa reimbursement
- 6 weeks’paid annual holiday
- Medical Insurance
- Weekly Chinese lessons (if interested)
- Airport pick-up and full landing support
- Full visa reimbursement (including notarisation and authentication) if candidate can arrive before August 20th.
- Be a native English speaker
- Have an undergraduate degree (all subjects and classifications welcome)
- Have a clean criminal record
- Have at least 1 year of related experience
Please send your CV to email@example.com, stating which position you are applying for, or fill out the online application form at www.nova-esl.com/apply.
Any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.