Teach English in Beijing Primary Schools (February 2020 Intake)
- Monthly salary AFTER TAX: 15,000-18,000RMB (£1760-2100, $2100-2500, €1900-2300);
- Free accommodation provided;
- Flights reimbursed;
- Around 2 months’ fully paid summer holiday;
- Around 1 month’s paid winter holiday (half base salary + free accommodation);
- Other Chinese public holidays fully paid;
- 20 teaching hours per week, Monday – Friday with evenings and weekends free;
- Working visa provided;
- Medical insurance;
- Contract period: February 2020-January 2021.
Qinglong Lake, Beijing
Skyscrapers in Beijing’s Central Business District
A modern global megacity with three millennia of rich history, Beijing is both one of the oldest cities in the world and one of the world’s leading centres for education, culture, innovation and technology.
Renowned for its opulent palaces, temples, parks, gardens and tombs, Beijing contains seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites; most notably the Great Wall of China and the grand Forbidden City complex – the imperial palace during the Ming and Qing dynasties.
With a vibrant city centre, Beijing delivers all the benefits of living in a big city: experience Sanlitun’s bar scene, taste authentic Chinese cuisine, scout street markets for hidden treasures, or shop for high-end brands in the largest mall in Asia. And yet – encircled by mountains capped by the meandering Great Wall of China – Beijing is perfectly poised to appreciate China’s natural wonders: view cherry blossom blooming on the hillsides in spring, and watch autumn leaves turn vivid shades of orange and red in Beijing’s many national parks.
The Great Wall of China, one of Beijing’s seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Teaching in a Public Primary School
Beijing primary schools have one month’s holiday in winter and around two months’ summer holiday, so teaching in our schools leaves plenty of free time for travelling and provides a high salary on which to do so.
Your priority will be inspiring children to love English – so your classes will mainly consist of playing games, singing songs and reading stories. Your whole class will be taught in English, though you will have a Chinese teaching assistant with you to help with classroom management and give translations where necessary.
Teaching experience is useful but not required. Successful applicants will have a passion for adventure, eagerness to learn new skills, and the ability to adapt to new environments.
Our Beijing Primary Schools
What We Do
Our programme places graduates into our trusted partner schools in Beijing.
After matching you to your school, we’ll support you every step of the way with preparing your paperwork for the Chinese visa and work permit. Once you land, we’ll pick you up from the airport and take you to your new apartment – and from there, we’ll help you with opening a Chinese bank account, getting a Chinese SIM and everything you need to settle in to your new life in China.
We’ll equip you with teaching plans and lesson materials you can use to create engaging classes, as well as giving you an introduction to life in China and the differences in workplace culture. Throughout your contract, you’ll have an assigned bilingual case-handler who will be available to assist you with any issues you may have during your stay.
- Native English speaker from the UK, USA, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, or British Overseas Territories (Gibraltar, Falkland Islands, Pitcairn Islands etc)
- Bachelor’s degree (all subjects and classifications welcome)
- ONE of the following:
– A degree in Education, Linguistics, English Literature or a related field
– Willing to obtain a 120-hour TEFL/TESOL/CELTA qualification (takes up to 7 days online study)*
– A teaching licence certifying you to teach in your home country
*You don’t need a TEFL at the time of your application. There’s plenty of time to complete your TEFL once you’ve been matched with your school.
View of Houhai Lake from Yinding Bridge
Application Deadline: 10th November 2019
Nova ESL connects teachers to schools across China. Our mission is to promote understanding between East and West, and to help people experience all China has to offer. Founded by a former ESL teacher from the UK and a Visa Manager from Beijing, Nova ESL has cross-cultural partnership at its core.
- Address: Office 038, 4th Floor Tianshunrenhe Building, 30 Beiwa Street, Haidian District, Beijing, China
- Tel: +86-10-64946380
- E-Mail: email@example.com